There are so many benefits to not judging others for things not in God’s Word. A couple we’ve explored:
1. We may enjoy the eternal benefit of not heaping on ourselves additional judgment by the Lord.
2. We enjoy the earthly benefit of not inviting on ourselves additional judgment by others.
Those seem like huge benefits to me!
But this is the gift that keeps on giving : ) Here are a few more…
3. We get the added benefit of focusing our mind on more pleasant things than judging others! Things that are lovely. I love it!
4. We get to focus our relationships on grace. When we don’t hold things against our friends that God doesn’t hold against them, it can be such a gift of grace to them. When we only get mad about the things God gets mad about, it can be such a blessing.
I recently received an e-mail from someone who was impacted by not being judged:
Wow, thanks for taking a second chance on me! : ) You were so kind to me on the phone. Thanks for being you!
Being free from judgment over things God doesn’t get mad about can truly be such a blessed gift.
5. Not only is it a blessing to them, but it is a blessing to us as well as we enjoy a friendship in which our hearts are strengthened by grace.
Question: What are other benefits of not judging others for things not in God’s Word? You can leave a comment below.